Any man your ever see exalted at the mountain top has first been shaped on his knees in the valley floor. In fact, it's only after we stand atop a lofty mountain that we ever realize how crucial the valley was for our masculine journey.
Knowing this, I would never offer you a short cut when I know your soul needs to go the long way 'round. But I know way too many men struggling because they don't fully understand what God has promised them in the Bible. Often, these men end up spending weeks passing through a valley that was only meant to be a day's journey.
Maybe you find yourself in a valley today. You could have sworn everything was fine not too long ago, and all of a sudden, THIS!
For some, THIS means loosing a job, fighting for a marriage, working through depression or getting through the endless stress of college.
Regardless of what it is, THIS sucks and usually has a way of getting us to the end of ourselves where we angrily approach God asking, "Why!?"
That's a really good place to be.
Too often we will run from our pain and mask it with performance, distractions or addictions. Then we doubt that God ever had our best interest in mind.
I get it. But that's exactly what the enemy wants you to do and think. Because ultimately, a man equipped with the promises of God is more dangerous than an atomic bomb.
That man is lethal. He has what he needs to thrive, crush fear, not be phased by temptation and confidently make some of the biggest decisions of his life.
So, I want to offer you 10 Biblical Promises that will help you stay anchored to God during all of THIS and the valley season of life that may be in right now.
10 Biblical Promises For Men In The Valley
1. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." -Romans 8:28
2. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” -Joshua 1:9
3. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." -Jeremiah 29:11
4. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." -Psalm 32:8
5. "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 8:38-39
6. "For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” -Hebrews 8:12
7. "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." -Ephesians 2:10
8. "Because you have made the LORD your dwelling place—the Most High, who is my refuge—no evil shall be allowed to befall you, no plague come near your tent." -Psalm 91:9-10
9. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him." -James 1:5
10. "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:7
Go ahead and read them again. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
You got THIS!